Objectives of mentorship programs
By the end of mentorship program the candidates are expected to:
Wired4ex Takes a 4-step process
In this meeting (online through multimedia or face to face), trainers/mentors help trainee/mentees plan tasks or sessions by asking them to do the following. This should happen during the first 30 days on launch of a cohort.
- Get to know and meet, identify the professional needs and aspirations·
- State the goals of the trainee/mentorship process·
- Summarize what’s needs to be done or achieved within the training/mentorship period·
- Clarify the roles of those involved in the training/mentorship journey·
- List the actions of those involved in the task or session for the first 3 months, 6months or 9 months·
- Itemize the challenges and opportunities associated with performing the tasks or sessions·
- Identify what successful completion of the task or session would look like·
- Link the mentee to the training programs applied for in the course listing
Trainer/Mentor gets full access to the Trainee/mentee through face to face or multimedia. Wired4Ex program avails the learning resources for self-development on offer, customized for healthcare managers (courses listing). The courses have been designed to be learner driven BUT facilitated by the trainers. Each course has its sets of skills to be gained. All materials for participants are shared by the trainers and coordinated from Wired4EX. All rights to proprietary materials are held by Wired4EX.The learners are appraised through observation by Wired4Ex trainers/mentors and Project Director, completing an appraisal sheet at the end of each session. The learner will complete an initial Skills Audit and SWOT Analysis in Session 1 and then in the last session of each course taken. Wired4Ex Project facilitator and trainers will ensure that each participant gets the materials (slides and handouts) together with learner’s handbook for practice. The facilitators of the program will have the teacher’s guide and scheme of work so that they could guide the students. The following are some of the courses;
32 Weeks Program
- Leadership for Healthcare Leaders
- Governance and Ethics for Healthcare Leaders
- Advanced Management and Life Skills for Healthcare Managers
- Healthcare Law and Medical Practice
- Entrepreneurship in Health for Facility Owners and Managers
- Population Health Management
5 Weeks Programs
- Human Resources Management Essentials
- Conflict Resolution and Coaching
- Planning and Project Management Level 2
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Budgeting and Cost Accounting Level 2
3 Weeks Programs
- Management and Leadership Skills for First Time Managers
- Principles of Supervisory Management
- Quality and Product Improvement
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making Process
- Planning and Project Management Level 1
- Time and Meeting Management
In this part of the process, the trainer/ mentor summarizes and gives feedback on the information gathered in 1 and Step 2, and the mentee responds to the mentor’s summary and feedback. Discussing the information should get trainee/mentees to reflect on what they learned from the task or session and on how to transfer these learnings to their next coaching tasks or sessions.
The trainee/mentees and trainer/mentors (where possible), during a healthcare manager boot camp and graduation shares the case studies of each participant with the group as a way of celebrating the results. Certificates and CPD points are provided to successful Mentees. Managers receiving professional certification also move upwards in their career developed as per HeSMA credentialing and Certification Framework
What it Takes to be a Mentor
Please complete the online application, and meet with us for a brief phone discussion about the program
Mentor candidates should be at least 25 years old and have an entry degree/diploma in their health leadership or management.
Mentors candidates agree to a 14-hour commitment for the mentoring relationship.
Wired4Ex requests that you cover the your cost for time and internet.
Become a mentee
Wired4EX mentorship program takes not less than 9 months
Expression of interest through APPLICATION to info@wired4EX.com (competitive). The application letter should explain how you will translate the skills to influence performance of health care system.
Submit a recent Profile, Resume, Passport Photograph.
Submit a duly filled SKILLS AUDIT (available upon successful submission).
Payment of REQUIRED FEES (only when you qualify).